Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Town Where There is Literally Nothing To Do But Drink


Greymouth is nothing but a weight station between Nelson and Franz Josef. It has only one tourist attraction of it's own and that's the Monteith's Brewery.

I'm not a big drinker but it's definitely been my favorite beer down here in NZ so I was glad that with nothing else to do it would be a beer I found palatable.

It's a basic tour of how a small batch brewery works followed by a tasting and then a half hour of free access to the taps.

Needless to say everyone was walking unsteadily by the time we left but no truly embarrassing moments resulted. I think everyone just slept well.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were to bring us back some of that beer, it wouldn't be under-appreciated. Nor go to waste.
:)

February 07, 2007 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home