Thursday, April 10, 2008

I’m Off On A New Adventure!


Camera Kit 2, originally uploaded by tinkerbarry.

I’m off on a new adventure! For some time I’ve been rolling round the idea of capturing the story of my family’s survival of the Holocaust. I first put my toe in last year in Brisbane Australia where I met Tony DeRuyter. Her parents took in my father who was barely a toddler at the beginning of the war, so she was effectively his foster-sister.
I interviewed her on video and that has become the first footage for my documentary, tentatively titled “Project Bendix” for my grandfather Bendix Sanders.
So over the last year I’ve assembled myself a guerilla filmmaker kit, bit by bit. Now I’ve somehow convinced my Dad to come to Amsterdam with me and retrace some of stories and locations that led to his being here today.
Last week he sat down for 3 hours of interviewing and then we were off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home